Fernley Medical Centre based in Sparkhill Birmingham has been providing GP services from 1894.
It began as a single doctor’s residence with surgery facilities and has evolved into the present day primary health care team consisting of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. We are an established GP practice, renowned for our dedication and commitment to providing high-quality patient care.
In 2015 Fernley Medical Centre became part of MyHealthcare; an innovative project to deliver care to patients seven days a week. The practice is one of the main Hubs delivering GP services to patients in the locality.
The model is designed to:
- Maximise the efficiency of clinical time
- Reduce inappropriate demands on urgent care services
- Improve overall access for patients
- Harness new technologies
- Integrate services
We are a part of Balsall Heath and Sparkhill Primary Care Network (PCN)
GP Surgeries in our Network:
- Fernley Medical Centre
- Balsall Heath Health Centre – Dr Raghavan
- Balsall Heath Health Centre – Dr Walji
- Firstcare Health Centre
- The Hill General Practice
- Highgate Medical Centre
- Spark Medical Group (including St George’s Surgery)
- Springfield Medical Practice
Clinical Lead: Dr A B Mann
GP Provider Alignment/ Federation: SDS My Healthcare